Helth, Safety & Environmental Policy
Management of UNICO Petroleum is committed to the continual improvement of the Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Management System (OHSEMS), according to legal and other requirements, by following the principles and requirements of ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007.
The framework for setting HSSE objectives is defined in the HSSE Manual.
All employees of UNICO Petroleum are acting to prevent injuries, health impairment, and environmental pollution through:
- Continual education in order to prevent injuries, impairment of health, environmental pollution, to preserve natural resources, and to improve the OHSEMS effectiveness
- Continual education for safe work on all workplaces where UNICO Petroleum executes its projects
- Exploration of new materials and equipment in order to decrease work place risk level, with smaller environmental footprints and improvement of hazardous waste management
- Proactive management of changes in OHSE Management System
- Enabling feeling of safety of employees, subcontractors, and suppliers considering the nature of work and real hazards that exist at every work place
- Continual raising of environmental awareness
- Decrease of nonrenewable energy consumption and replacement with renewable energy sources
Following environmental procedures in order to decrease environmental pollution
Decrease of adverse impact on water, soil, air, and biodiversity.
HSSE Manager is responsible for communicating the OHSE Policy to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and making it available to the public.
By strictly following the above arrangements;
- UNICO Petroleum was awarded the certificate of approval for the “Environmental Management System” according to ISO 14001:2004, by “Qualitas International Certification Ltd. UK“.
- UNICO Petroleum was awarded the certificate of approval for the “Occupational Health and Safety Management System” according to OHSAS 18001:2007, by “Qualitas International Certification Ltd. UK“.